Monday, January 22, 2007

A quick summary of the past week :)

It has nearly been a week since I've blogged, and I can't believe it. Nearly every night I make a promise to my self that "tonight will be the night" and I'll go to sleep instead. Well, I'll catch you up on the active lifestyle I have been leading.
I worked Tuesday through Friday of last week. We had class again on Wednesday and Thursday night a group of us went to dinner at an amazing pizza place. Grimaldi's (http://www.grimaldis.com/zagat.htm) is listed on the top ten of most New York pizza charts, often topping out at number 1.. and.. many stars visit there ;) After some great pepperoni pizza, we headed down to the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory for dessert. Triple Chocolate = heaven. Their ice cream is also listed among the top in New York; though they have only a few flavors, they are amazing and located on the promenade. A walk outside provided a lovely view across the water to Manhattan. It looked peaceful all lit up and surrounded by water.
On Friday, four of us went to a improv comedy show put on by NYU students. It was hysterical and suprisingly clean. I love improv and they did an impressingly good job at it. Afterwards, we enjoyed a pleasant hour or so of trying to figure out how to get home. Certain trains close after midnight, and other trains run new routes.. needless to say, it took us awhile to figure out where to transfer and such, but we made it home.
Saturday was our first outing as a class. We met at the AMMI or American Museum of Moving Image in Queens. It is mostly an interactive museum, which was so much fun. The first activity included dancing in front of a camera that recorded your actions, then tranformed them into stills that were printed in a flip book form.. I now have a flip book of me and two other girls dancing. :) Next we created a short film by taking stills and running them to make motion.... just the opposite of the first. Then.... I got to be Audrey Hepburn. Kind of. In a sound booth I was able to dub my voice over Audrey's in a scene from "My Fair Lady." After taping two lines, I was able to watch Audrey say "The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the plain" -- while listening to my voice say it. It was pretty neat. Others included changing soudtracks or sound effects in clips, or playing with a green screen. Overall I enjoyed it. To top it off we had lunch at an authentic Greek restaurant, Uncle George's. It was amazing and the lamb on my gyro literally fell apart as it was so tender. Mmm now I'm hungry again. After that we watched a rather boring documentary.. I won't mention the name, mainly to spare the director, but let's just say I kept falling asleep and I never do that in movies.
Saturday night ended with a group of us taking Times Square by storm. First stop -- Starbucks. We were in much need of caffeine regeneration. Next we headed down to Roxy for dessert, since our lunch was so large. Their cheesecake was good, though we didn't have a sandwich, we did catch a glance of one and they are ridiculous. Next we headed to a tourist shop, it was a must. I actually found some cute boots there :) Random, but it worked. From there... It was Toys "R" Us. The store is wonderful. I swear I became a kid again. We wandered around for at least an hour, then I stood in line with two other girls to ride the giant ferris wheel (which is located in the middle of the store). We got the Toy Story seat... it was fun.
The next stop -- M&Ms World. There we were scanned to find out what kind of M&M we were. My roommate and I took a pic with the green M&M, then we bought some to snack on :) we ate her friends.. haha... ok. Across the street we checked out the Hershey's store. While the lights on the outside are amazing (seriously) the inside is small and rather unimpressive, but we still found a photo-op with a lady dressed as a Hershey's factory worker. From there it was home.. we were pretty tired by then.
Sunday: a day of rest and church. A group of about 14 of us met for breakfast at the Park Plaza Diner, then took the subway down to Brooklyn Tabernacle for the noon service. The choir was just as wonderful in person as on their CDs. The pastor that preached was good as well. The building -- gorgeous. Overall it was a great service. The rest of the day was lazy until dinner when we went to Supermac, a diner that serves variations of macaroni and cheese.
Monday -- again a lazy day, though I did get a few things like cleaning and laundry done. Plus Heroes was on tonight. Ohh it was good.
Well that is all I have for you. It was a quick summary.. but I have work again in the morning, and once more I've managed to stay up later than I ever planned. But if you want to check out my pics go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31179820@N00/

Have a wonderful day... Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. Great information. I could see it all in my mind's eye. Zach and Camille rode the ferris wheel at Toys R Us too. I wanted to but didn't. Blog when you can. Love you intently. Mamalu

    ReplyDelete