Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ok I have a meeting at 8:30, which means leaving by 7:30 (rush hour), so I need to get up in about 6 hours...

Quick overview.

I'm in New York and I still can't believe it half the time. I have wanted to be here since I applied for Baylor. I saw an article in a Focus about some kids who did the BUNY program and I knew that's what I wanted to do. Before that I really wanted to go to NYU.. basically I just knew I had to move to New York. Well, I'm here. Finally :) It is sinking in.

Work was ok. I updated a media list all day, so I basically called at least half of the 50 states, asking regional publications for an update on their editor for our contacts. But in the morning my supervisor is actually going to explain to me what I'm doing, the rules, the expectations, the teams I'll be rotating between, etc. All the stuff I wish I could have known today :) But it was a crazy day and I made it through. She did say that Tuesdays will probably be my most boring days with remedial work, though, that's a bonus. It really wasn't too bad, so I'm ready for the stuff she views as fun... and she's probably about 24 and a bit crazy, so I think she knows whats fun :)

What else... class started. I love Joe. He's crazy, fun, serious and intelligent. Hoorah for a good professor! We did a lot of just getting to know one another and learning about the class tonight. I found out that Saturday we will be going to the AMMI - Museum of the Moving Image - that should be cool.

Ok I really gotta go.. .love to all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment