Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Transition Phase 2

Transition phase 1 was easy, well, compared to phase 2. Phase 1 consisted of college graduation and working all summer in Waco. Phase 2 consists of finding a real job and moving out of Waco.

I have finally decided to move to DFW to room with my best-friend; I have come full circle as this was the plan before graduation! Now the trouble is finding a job. Everyone is eager to assist me and I have been eagerly applying, but nothing has come about yet. Both of the girls I work with, my boss, my boss' boss, my friends, my parents and one of my professors have been sending me job posts. Now if I can just get to the interview stage.. But as my friend Meagan said, the job will arrive when I least expect it and when I need it most. Patience is what I will have to have until then.

This summer was amazing. I was finally able to devote a full schedule to working at the City and I grew in my understanding of events, marketing and pr. I truly love my job and all the people I work with. I love my office, even though it isn't very pretty and two large pa speakers take up most of one wall. My boss has refused to turn my resignation letter over to HR, so I believe that means he doesn't want me to leave.. Actually he's told me to stay time and again, as have my girls, but I really think it's time. I have lived in this city for 4 1/2 years, a long time for my history, and over the past year I have finally fallen in love with it. I have always loved Baylor, but now I love Waco too. But this is a sad love story, one which I may return to if fate shall have it, but for now I must look for something else. Another town in which to grow and become the adult I like to pretend I am.

On Friday (September 5) was supposed to be my final day at the City, but I've agreed to return next weekend. So I am officially at a loss as to when my last actual day will be, but I am certain that I am moving my things to Dallas on Friday. I need stability and there is a faint shadow of such in Dallas at the moment. I am excited about next Saturday; we are having our Puppy Plunge Day at Waco Water Park. It's the weekend before the pools are drained for the winter so we are allowing any and all nice dogs to come swim and play. I have spent so much time in the planning, sponsor gathering, creating ads, and such that I would hate to miss it.

Well it's rather late.. I wish I had blogged more over the past two months, but it's in the past now. The quickest update I have is the following: Mo is nearly 6 mo and is getting big. I have a fish, Zeus. July 4 was amazing with our final Brazos Nights concert and fireworks, Fourth on the Brazos. I spent a couple of weekends in San Antonio with some fabulous people, while also traveling to Houston for a work conference and Branson for a family vacation. More of my friends have gotten married and even more engaged; one for which I will be a bridesmaid. I miss New York and the general hustle and bustle of a large city. I feel weird being in Waco with all of my friends in different cities, states and countries..

That's all I have for now.

Love God, love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment