Wednesday, September 24, 2008

late night movies...

For whatever reason it is 1 a.m. and I'm not tired... I am hungry though and there's nothing to eat, I really should have remembered to go to the store earlier.

So I'm watching "Something to Talk About" - I've never seen all of it so thought I should indulge tonight as I love Kyra Sedgwick and Julia Roberts. One thing I enjoy about movies is when they have that one line or one conversation that just sums the whole movie up. Here's the one for this movie...
Jamie: I'll say one thing, you southern women sure are easy to please.
Grace: I guess that's what comes from centuries of being bred to keep your expectations low.

While I am an easy going southern woman, I don't think it's about having kept low expectations. I think it's more about embracing life and learning to enjoy every moment. But then again..maybe there is a part of me that says if I care too much I might set myself up for a dissapointment and I'd rather not experience that. I mean if I am going to be completely honest. It is a small part though. The rest of it is just not wanting to miss out on anything. Maybe I'm talking in circles about many things :) Maybe it's time for sleep. Just think about it - if you are easy going then why and if not, then why not?

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment