Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I want to draw you a floorplan of my head and my heart

Sometimes I wonder if I am too open with who I am, how I feel and what I think...I have always had this wish to be mysterious, but it just isn't me. Looking beyond that; should I guard who I am? Should I make sure you are worthy to know who I am? But maybe I'm not as open as I feel I am or maybe you're just not listening, because you there are times when you make comments that make me wonder if you know me at all.

I do have secrets. Things that no one else knows, but most of them are not too interesting. At times I think about documenting them here- both as an attempt to understand myself better and to let you know more. But whenever I begin, I rarely finish. My words can't express somethings and others beg to not be expressed. I'm learning some secrets are better left untold and others are discovered when you least expect it by someone who knows your depths.

It's interesting to think how many layers of ourself that we have. Layers that are presented all as one piece to certain people, or individually to others. Layers that can become secrets... Layers that ultimately define you, whether you like it or not. I am not just a girl, I am more than that. I am a pastors daughter, a Christian, a writer, a lover, a friend, a sister, a cousin, a student, a photographer... My layers define me and define my likes/dislikes. But do you know all of them? Probably not. I doubt if anyone besides God knows all of them. Sometimes I wonder if I know all of them; I do know there are more to come.

Perhaps I am more mysterious than I give myself credit..

Perhaps I should finish reading for psychology...

No comments:

Post a Comment