Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils...

I have always been interested in this idea that the person you walk by today could be your best-friend or lover tomorrow. I was discussing it with a friend this past weekend; she graduated a year and a half ago and has since become friend with other alumns who live in Dallas. She thought it was crazy that they were in school together but were friends after; they could have had class together, or ate at the same restaurant, or attended the same party.

I never understood my obsession with this idea.. until today. My favorite movie is "You've Got Mail" - it's the only movie I can watch over and over again. It's also the first movie to really make me fall in love with New York. Anyway, the opening scenes show Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan on their morning walk to work. The visit the same places, just seconds behind each other, then pass each other without notice, only for the movie to end with them falling in love. Never again would they walk by and not notice each other...

So be kind to everyone you see today. Wear a smile on your face. You never know how they will impact your life today, tomorrow, a few years down the road... No matter what you'll walk away with memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment