Monday, April 16, 2007

Summary of My Week! :)

The best time to blog - when you should be doing homework, but instead you want to tell the world how marvelous life is! :)

Currently I'm sitting at my desk, listen to Vicky Beeching, thinking about how great God is, how crazy life is, and how gorgeous it is to have the sun streaming through my windows (even though it's a bit overcast).

This past week has been crazy. I helped at the Mad Hatter Tea Party on Easter, pics of which will be on my flickr account shortly. I met a few new people there, one of which was a guy I hung out with a few times over the week. The whole day was insane. People were wearing the craziest hats and outfits. My own hat wasn't too bad... but it was freezing, I was bundle up.. and well, let's just say I fit in :) It even snowed for awhile, something I dont think I've ever experienced on Easter. I'm sorry Al Gore, where is that global warming you are so worried about?? Apparently, not in NY.

Well, Sunday was just the kick off. This was also my last week at work. It was so odd and I still feel like I'll be going back tomorrow.. A few of the girls from one team brought me chocolates, mmm I love chocolate. One of my bosses gave me the hat I wore on Sunday. And my supervisor is planning a goodbye party. It was sad to say goodbye. I wont really miss the LH&A, just some of the people. I cant believe how much I learned there. The girls who gave me the chocolates (Leonidas, fresh belgian chocolates to be exact), were suprised that I am only a junior and they said they always expected me to have more questions than I did. I'm glad I was useful and good at helping them. Not trying to brag.. but I love compliments on my work, it is something I put all of my effort into.

On Saturday, we had a girls night. We had dinner at an italian restaraunt in Greenwich Village, then watched the off-broadway production of Anne of Green Gables. It took us back.. what wonderful childhood memories of reading and watching Anne Shirley :) I loved it. Then we walked around until we found a bakery and had some sweets! After returning to the dorm, a few of us decided to do something crazy... so we jumped back on the subway and headed back to where we were and got piercings. Yep. This time it was my cartilage, which is what another girl got pierced to, while my roommate had her belly button pierced. The guys were great and the whole place was sterile. (I promise, mom, they had everything individually packaged and properly disposed of used items..) Anyway, it was random and fun :)

So yesterday was just generally not a good day. I got into an argument with two different people and it was rainy all day, with no sun to speak of. But you know what.. in your lowest times, God really shows you the value of friends who love you. Even friends who are miles and miles away.. aka Ben.. and my family.. all of which embrace me, love me and really turn me back to who will always gives me strength and happiness -- God. So, following their advice, I spent sometime alone, journaling, praying and listening to worship in a coffee shop down the street. That has been the hardest thing this semester - just taking out alone time and spending time with Jesus. Some of the girls here have really been faithful in doing that, and I'm impressed, I've definitely struggled. There's just always something to do, or my roommate to hang out with, or homework that has to be done.. but He should always come first...

Well, here's a bit of Vicky.. enjoy...

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace
In the light of His glory and grace

Isn’t He beautiful?
Isn’t He beautiful?
Outshining sun and stars
It’s indescribable
How breathtaking You are

So I turn my eyes upon You now
Look full in Your wonderful face
And the things of earth
They grow strangely dim
In the light of Your glory and grace
In the light of Your glory and grace

You are so beautiful
You are so beautiful
Outshining sun and stars
It’s indescribable
How breathtaking You are

No comments:

Post a Comment