Friday, March 12, 2010

Deena

I really should be sleeping right now.. Tomorrow is moving day! By this time tomorrow I will be an actual Nashville resident. But I've decided to put sleep off for a bit because my best-friend back home asked that I write a blog about how much I miss her, once that actually hits me. Well, it hit me tonight. And since I may be without Internet for a few days, I decided to put that in to words now.

Blake and I had a date night tonight; meeting for dinner at Cozymel's (great Mexican food for TN) and renting a movie at the RedBox, before heading back to Allie and Eric's in Franklin. As we were driving through downtown Franklin, I couldn't help but think how soon summer will be here and how I can't wait to go shopping at all of the antique stores and the girl design shops and dress shops... And I honestly started to tear up because I thought of one friend I would call up to do that with and she is 700 miles away. Of course, I could do the same amount of shopping with Blake by my side, but sometimes you just need a girl to go shopping with.

I do have a few girl friends here, but I'm not quite to that comfort level of knowing that I can call them on a moments notice to hang out. Mostly because most of them are newlyweds and I feel awkward asking them to ditch their husband (or family for that matter). But even if Deena and I were both newlyweds or had families, our friendship is that which I could ask her to ditch the hubby for friend time and shopping.

It's not just because of shopping that I miss D. That just struck this Texas girl first because the idea of walking from one store to another is exciting in itself. Then you add in the fact that it's actual shops in buildings older than most things in Texas and it won't be sweltering heat of 110+! That just makes me smile in anticipation...

But I really can't go over to her house for Ghost Whisperer marathons or hang out by the pool this summer. She can't call me to save her from an awkward situation/party..instead I sometimes miss the text just telling me about it. I am so thankful for gchat, email, facebook, text and unlimited minutes, but it's not everything. I do believe I have strengthened one relationship and switched the other one to limited contact.. I know it was the right decision :) I love Blake like crazy, but it sucks that I couldn't box Deena up with me. I guess I'll just have to work harder on a plan of how to get her up here...

That's all for now. I miss my best friend and wish she could help me decorate my very sparse and very small apartment tomorrow, but I suppose I will just have to get it ready for her to come visit (soon!).

Goodnight everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment