Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year...

I recently became reacquainted with an old friend... Hard to explain, but in this process I told this dear girl some of my past, and well, let's just say it didn't sound too pretty on my ears. I think everyone regrets something from the past, but I regret a lot. There is really nothing I can do to change the past, but in talking to her and with the start of a new year, I realized that I can continue to change my future. I made a lot of excuses for what I've done in the past, but here is the truth of it - I screwed up a lot and in some ways I'm a better person for it. In other ways, I'll just make sure to not make the same mistakes again...

So this new year has begun with some musings of the past and thoughts on the future.

This is the year I graduate from college. May 17th to be exact. I'll receive my diploma and jump to another stepping stone. The question now is - which stepping stone? May keeps approaching, yet each day just brings less clarity. I could be a bum, I could move to Latin America/NYC/Spain/Anywhere, I could work in PR, I could find a writing job, I could travel endlessly, I could go to grad school, I could stay and work in Waco, I really could do anything... My options are endless. How exciting! And how very, very frightening.

Besides life-altering decisions, this year also has promise...
Promise that I will reach my goal of graduating, promise that I will see some of my dearest friends married and happily in love, promise that I will see new children in the arms of other friends, promise that my God is forever great, promise that there is a plan for my life, promise that my parents house will sell.. promises are hiding at every corner, waiting to be discovered :)

A new year also holds new beginnings.
I have a new favorite band: Sleeperstar.
I also have a new boyfriend who sings and plays the keyboard in this band. He's amazing.
After May I'll begin a new stage of life (as mentioned earlier).
New friendships are developing everyday - that's exciting.
And there are millions of new things to come.. most I'll never expect, but I'm excited to experience.

So here's to a new year and new beginnings. Let's leave the past in the past and look forward to an exciting time in 2008.

Happy New Year Friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment