Thursday, January 29, 2009

Phish Food

It's freezing outside and yet.. It's most definitely an ice cream night.

We left the Falls on Tuesday morning after my grandfather was determined critically stable. We wanted to beat the ice storm so that I could get back to work and Bri could get back to school, but my dad stayed for a few extra days.

My grandfather was taken off the ventilator/breathing machine today and everything was looking up. He was talking and four hours later, they had to put him back on the machine. Without it, they said it would put too much pressure on his heart and he wouldn't make it. He wasn't happy and my grandmother is just torn up. She had stopped crying when I called, but she sounds different. Tuesday morning I found out she was there when he flatlined. She said it was the hardest thing to watch. My dad is doing better but he said he has a bad feeling...

There's nothing more to write for now... He's alive, that I can praise God for, and I can pray for His will above ours. A prayer I'm also sending up for a friend's husband who has lost his job. This economy sucks. I know everyone knows that, but it had to be said yet again.

I'm off to read a newsletter from soldiers in Iraq, then a bit of The Alchemist and finally, sleep :)

Goodnight all. Find peace in this world by surrounding yourself with the ones you love, cherish your time together.

Love God, love people.

No comments:

Post a Comment