Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ponderings and activities.

Does it make any sense that you should get annoyed with people who are immature, when deep down you know you, yourself, are not quite to that epitome of maturity in which you envision yourself? Or when you are such good friends with a person, but one things leads to another and suddenly they annoy you.. and all you can see are the poor qualities.. How does this happen? Or better yet, how can it be reversed? Life is so strange and, oddly, never without drama. Friends create drama. You lose touch and they are upset, but dont bother to contact you. They make poor choices, you make poor choices, you irritate each other. Too much time is spent together, or too little time. Personalities differ so much, neither can fully comprehend the other. Sometimes.. I just wonder why it's really worth it. The only friendship that I can ever understand and always fix when broken is that with my sisters, even if I talk to one much less than another. They'll never go away... and that's good. So with the others.. is it really worth telling them how their actions make your heart hurt or irritate you? Or that your sorry when you know they dont care to forgive your actions? Or call them when you know they havent been calling you.. for whatever reason. The pursuit. What does it come down to in the end.. a friendship to shallow to matter or a life-long friend? I guess that's why you have to keep trying, so you will know one way or the other.. I guess.

I havent blogged in awhile because I really dont have the time. Like right now, it's 3:25am. I should be asleep. But I'm not going to church for another 12 hours and I may or may not go to lunch with the group tomorrow... I should get up and do homework.. but that's not happening... Anyway, here is what I have been up to.

Last weekend was a lot of movie watching at the dorm and some drama (long story). Then Sunday was Chinese New Year - to ring in the year of the pig. We went to Chinatown to celebrate, it was great :) First we walked in a few shops, then we heard the drums.. soon a dragon came out to the beat of the drum, then a second, and finally a third. They danced and we watched, then we moved on. All throughout the streets there were these small parades which the masses gathered round. At everstore you could buy confetti throwers -- they are launchers about the size of rain sticks that throw confetti into the air when you pop it open. The confetti is constantly flying in the air and whisking its way back down. Plus, if one of the throwers releases a toy parachute it's apparently good luck for you to catch it... For lunch we stopped at an amazing place just off the main road, then we headed down to the 100-year old ice cream factory -- it was amazing. The day ended with coffee in Korea town. Man I love the melting pot experience here!

Monday was errands.. and sending my poor camera to the Canon doctor. The rest of the week was school, homework, and working (a lot). Friday was the Nuyorican Poetry Slam -- it was amazing. True, a bit vulgar, but still.. the kids had talent. Today we spent a large part at the Metropolitan Museum of Art where I fell in love.. a few times.. with men such as Degas, Picasso, Manet, Monet, Renoir, Matisse, Rothko, Pollock and so many more, I could hardly name all that I saw. But the one Jackson Pollock.. well that made it all worthwhile. The man was amazing.

This afternoon we headed over to a theater by NYU to see the Oscar nominated, animated short films. They were great and very enjoyable, there were two I wasnt too keen on, but overall I liked it. Then I got home and moved next door to my first room. That's right, I currently have a new residence. No hard feelings with my roommate, but one of the girls left the program earlier this week, so I took her bed and my old bed is now empty.. how odd. Anyway, my roommate Erika is great.. though hopefully not annoyed that I'm still awake and typing away... Ok I should go to sleep now. Hope you enjoyed the quick catch-up. I apologize to any and all that I have not called or been in poor contact with. I miss you and love you all!

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. you know, i saw a pollock in london. i never was that impressed with the man till i saw some his work in real life and it just took my breath away.

    chinese new year! you didn't tell me! and how could we forget that of course i must go to chinatown. seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete